Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cottonwood Creek




Yesterday Creed, Chad, and I went down to kayak Cottonwood Creek. On our way we stopped in the great metropolis of Castle Dale for lunch. I get depressed every time I go to that little town. While we were eating, I heard the people at the other table say they had to take there dog to the vet because he was sick and the kid said, "ya he got maggots all over him." If that doesn't make you hungry!  We had a great run down Cottonwood with no major accidents other than a couple of pinned boats, a few swims, and a 3 inch gash in the floor of Creed's boat.

2 comments:

wild bri said...

I thought I already commented on this pot maybe you guys just are not posting my comments of it was some sort of wierd blogging dream? Thanks for the Band of Annuals, good band, represented SLC! The Castle Dale maggot comment is good but not quite as good as the famous Escalante phrases of "Thesens is yousens" or the hospitable reply we received on a winter backpacking trip when we asked where we could get water in town and the store owner said "Everthings done been winterized" What did you say Hogwallop? Apparently nobody drinks H2O in the winter in Escalante? Looks like you about got bucked out there. I am in next time down, looks fun.

Newty said...

They are making these new fangled boats that don't rip. I think they are called Kayaks but I hear you gotta be a real man to paddle one. Duckies are for women and children and people with arthritic backs. Man up, get a real boat and lets go shoot some guns.