Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Eavesdropping

Me listening to a conversation between three junior high kids at lunch today...

A bus pulls up to the gas station. The kids see it out the window.
Girl 1 - I want to be a bus driver. Ya know, like, a cool one. You could play, like, cool music and stuff.
Girl 2 - What? Why?
Girl 1 - Do you know how much they make?! They only work four hours a day and get paid for six!
Girl 2 - What would you do for the rest of the day if you're only working four hours?
Girl 1 - I don't know, like, go shopping or something.
Girl 2 - Why would you be a bus driver if you could be a doctor or something?
Girl 1 - No way! That takes way to much time, and, like, money.
Boy 1 - Where's our food?

(And, yes Kell, the exclamation points are very necessary in this conversation.)

Moral of the story: Why am I wasting all this time and money to get a degree when I could be a bus driver? Hmmm...

6 comments:

Nikki and Matt said...

OMG! That was me and my friend! haha I'm just so happy you updated! :)

Newty said...

Hey now, that's all I am is a glorified bus driver and when I work 14 hours I usually only get paid for about 5 of it. 50K in student loans for a job that pays 19K I think maybe I will be a bus driver! Plus I could wear my snuggie while I drive the punks to skool!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

I love it! Welcome to every day of my life...

Unknown said...

yes, i could hear you telling the story. i love those moments.

hatchbatch said...

That totally made me laugh!!! Why do any of us get degrees?!

Nick and Dyanna said...

first of all. Thanks for updating the blog and moving on from the snuggie. Second, what's wrong with being a bus driver? work for 4 and get paid for 6. Ha ha give them a break.. they have not yet been introduced into the real world.