Monday, February 11, 2008

The 'F' Word

First story... On Friday night we went to visit baby Everett, on Saturday Miranda makes pregnancy comment on blog, Saturday night we went to see Juno, which is about a girl who gets pregnant... Moral of the story is, when we got home Tyler was in a panic and made me take a pregnancy test and we would just like to announce that we are NOT expecting! :)

Second story... I'm on this new kick about women's rights due to my Literature by Women class so I wanted to share this article with everyone. My teacher gave it to us today and I thought it was so TRUE! It was published in the Salt Lake Tribune last week. So read on and find out if you could describe yourself with the dreaded 'F' word...Feminist.

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_8178525

6 comments:

miranda said...

Sorry I mislead everyone with my comment regarding the maternity clothes. I was just saying, as soon as you want them they are here waiting for you!! :) And Yes, I think I am a feminist! Good article, I really liked it!

miranda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wild murdocks said...

You know how I like to freak Ty
Ty out. I too have the pregnancy book here when you need it in the near/distant future.

Yes, the term, "feminist" has a lot of negative connotations associated with it now. I wouldn't want to be described as a gay feminist, no matter how happy and into equal rights I am.

brie said...

So, should I not be leaving you a comment since we can't be Facebook friends? I ran into your blog on...Loni's, or maybe Nichole's blog? I can't remember. I just wanted to say that I read that article right as it came out, and do consider myself a feminist. Not the hippie skirt/short haircut/women shouldn't have babies kind, but the kind about equal rights no matter your gender or race, etc. Anything, as long as it's not taken to the extreme, is good. (Haha. Can we just say it's amazing I said that, seeing as I used to have an Ed and took EVERYTHING to the extreme?!)
Hope you're well.

Unknown said...

i think you should take a daily pregnancy test, just to be sure and to calm ty ty before bed. oh, i'm just kidding, but i do love that you two are in the hot spot and not us! hahahaaha. no one even expects anything from us, and it's turning out to be convenient. all you have to do is move out of the country and then act like you still need to figure your self out. say things like "i'm thinking of going back to school..."

and i think we all wear the feminist banner with pride in the murdock family...3 girls, 2 paddles, one kyak.

Unknown said...

todd here,
let me get this straight, bre is pregnant and lesbian, ty has ocd, that is what i got out of the last blog/lesbian i mean feminist article.
what are you guys expecting, i can call grandma murdock and tell her if you would like, ok i will
love you