Monday, September 22, 2008

The Big Race

Last weekend was the Top of Utah Marathon and to show our support for Todd and Ash, we decided to run the 5K (23 miles shorter than what they ran). Congrats Todd and Ash for making it the entire race without dying... quite the accomplishment.

The 5K was a big feat for me, since I started off the summer without the ability to run around the block before getting a massive side-ache (you know the kind that cut off your breathing...). Although Ty and Nate left us in the dust before we could even start running, Miranda, Kell, Hatee and I had a mostly enjoyable race. Hatee even took first place in her division. Nice job, Hatee! Hopefully next year we'll be shooting for the half-marathon.
And to top it off, matching team Murdock shirts.. Love it!

8 comments:

wild murdocks said...

You guys kick hiney!

Nice shirts, but I'm a little sad the boys didn't match. And next time why don't you get shorty short running shorts with the slits up the sides? And Ty, where's the knee socks?

Sorry we missed out on the fun--good job team!

Nick and Dyanna said...

I am loving the ensemble. Just adds to the team spirit.

Unknown said...

oh guys, i'm so glad you came up! congrats on the 5k! that was so fun. and ty, maybe if you weren't wearing that bunny suit you could have beat your PR.

ha ha, get it? i reused a bad joke. i'm sorry. forgive me.

miranda said...

It was so much fun- we need to do some more. Next time we'll get some knee socks.

tiffy girl said...

I love the matching shirts! And great job on the race, all of you. I can't get over how well Hatee did. She must be natural;)

Kristina Curtis said...

Good Job!! I can't believe you saw Brady--that is so funny. I wish we would have known you were up there we all could have "carbed" up the night before!

Nikki and Matt said...

I'm just so proud!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is so awesome you guys did that!!